Mrs Aitkenhead- known to the children as ‘Mrs A’
Pastoral Care Manager,
Tel: 024 7641 8755
My role is to support the well-being of our Primary age students, alongside our teaching staff.
I will often be the person who liaises with the different agencies such as health and social care who also support our pupils and their families
I support families by:
* helping parents/carers complete paperwork such as disability benefits, grant applications etc.
* attending meetings with outside agencies and feed back to school staff about how we can best support children.
* monitoring school attendance and support families to improve attendance
* promoting children’s wellbeing.
* liaising with the Senior Leadership Team and reporting to Governors on student welfare issues.
I am also the link with ‘Families of Woodfield’, a group for parents and carers of children at Woodfield School. Find out more about the group here:
Here are some more links which you might find useful:
Family Lives offers a confidential and free helpline service for families in England and Wales (previously known as Parentline). Family Lives
Helpline: 0808 800 2222 open 9am – 9pm, Monday to Friday and 10am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday
for information, advice, guidance and support on any aspect of parenting and family life, including bullying.
NSPCC online safety guides
Parental controls can be used to block upsetting or harmful content, control in-app purchases or manage how long your child spends online. And the good news is parental controls are really easy to set up